Thursday, July 01, 2004

Submit To The Penquin

I am real close to finishing up the first image for the DSNLG I am participating in. Basically, I could post it now as is, but it feels like something needs to happen to it. Whether that is adding something, or changing something, I don’t know, it just feels like something needs to be altered. If I can’t figure it out by the end of the day tomorrow I will post it as is. No doubt my conspirator is getting impatient to see this thing get started.

This weekend, I am going to really, really, really try to do something for SPeCks. I think I am going to have to go to a once a week schedule for the pages. Several online comics have taken that route and I think that is why they might be so darn good. MegaTokyo is the exception to that. It is good -and- makes a solid effort to be published three times a week. Go Fred! Anyway, what I really need to concentrate on is making it funny. The art is pretty good, stable even, but I think the writing could use some tweaking. I know I can be as funny as these guys, but working with miniature spawns of Satan is hard work.

Also, this weekend, I am going to really hunker down on some thumbs for the CF poster. Posters are so fun! I still have a screen print I did back in college for a fictional Swatch Watch conference. Man that was fun to work on and it turned out sweet. I’ve did a ton of posters in college, but two really stand out above all of them. Poster art is some of the nicest print work out there and I am not ashamed to snatch a couple of pieces from print shops when I go on a tour. I got stuff that no one else has and will never get. MWAHAHAHAHA… ahem…

I use a Mac. But if I used a Linux box…

No comments: