Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Typographic Dreams

Some of you might have noticed the set of flags that are at the bottom of the right column now. Those represent the countries this blog has received visitors from. So, I guess that means it is internationally known.

Type, type, type. Fonts are running heavy through my mind lately. I have a ton. If you consider 134MB a lot, that is. I do. I won't use 75% of them, I’m sure. Display, woodcut, gotik, dingbats, etc. What I really want, however, are some nice looking serifs. Like Montrachet and Monteverdi. For a long time, Minion was my font of choice. Still is mostly. Heck, the Smithsonian Institution’s logo is set in Minion. But I would use it for everything. Almost every design that had body copy was set in Minion. Maybe I have a thing for M’s. S’s aren’t bad either. Scala (from FontFont) is next on my “ridiculous purchases in the future” list.

Tonight, I have dinner to celebrate my mother’s birthday. Which is today. Not to be confused with the weekend birthday party celebrating her birthday, which is actually today. We are going to Florida Seafood Grill. Salad review to follow.

12,000¥! No matter what it looks like, it is still a watermelon. That’s $109 USD, folks.

No comments: