Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Tired

Last night, after work, my wife and I went to the mall to look into getting a birthday present for her mother. No luck on that front. However, we found ourselves, once again, in the Apple Store. We were looking at some educational kids software on the eMacs when I happened to look up and notice “Dr. Mac”, Bob LeVitus, walk into the store. Right up to the Genius Bar. He had his guitar and some other equipment with him and he didn't look like he was there to scope out the latest accessories for iPods.

What he -was- there for was to give a brief tutorial on Apple’s GarageBand. I didn’t know this piece of software, resting in the virtual dusty section of my Dock, was as powerful as it really is. We just happened to be there at the right time to catch this little seminar. With little to no musical talent, one can create a production-level score worthy of the next raise of John Williams’ baton. So we stayed to watch him whip out Rockaway Beach by the Ramones.

Speaking of music, I haven’t heard anything back from Apple regarding my corrupted download of Mysterious. I’m not sure how to handle this situation now. How do I get my money back for a bad MP3?

Lately, I have felt mentally drained. I have noticed that I tend to come home, maybe view one or two websites, then just want to go to bed after dinner. I barely play FFXI as much as I used to and don’t really feel compelled to either. I still love the game and playing it for 5 hours last night was great because Evan was on, but I don’t think I will get on tonight. It was really good to play a video game with my bud. Brought back thoughts of the old days when I had nothing to do but log on and hack indiscriminately at wondering monsters.

XiaoXiao started it (and started it well), but it looks like Ringfinger gonna finish it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, where've you been?

terry said...

who the what the…