Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Game On!!!

I meant to make a post yesterday concerning the spectacle that was the 4th. Unfortnuately, I was just really busy. The 4th was neat. There were lights and stuff in the sky. Loud noises. I spent $80+ on big bang-bangs. I like mortars. However, my little party was over just as fast as it started, while everyone else in my neighborhood apparently had half of Libya's arsenal staged in their front yard. People were firing off stuff past 3AM. My display started at about 9 and lasted maybe 45 minutes. The rest of my community started at 8:30 and was blowing shtuff up until 3:30 in the morning. And not just BlackCats or 3 inch fountains. No. The 21 Shot Grand Blaster with the Double Packed Rose Performance. At 3AM.

Oh, and I was workin’ the BBQ pit. Ribs, sausage and shrimp all getting their roast on. I hadn’t used the pit in a while, but it all came back to me and we had some mighty fine grub.

Yesterday was a bit spooky. Most people, here in Austin, got the day off. City, private, etc. Except State. State employees, apparently, were subjugated to business as usual. No big whoop. But there was this weird air about the day. Like it was supposed to be a holiday. I mean, everyone was here like normal, but the atmosphere was real quiet and very non-business day… ish. Was just mildly haunting.

DSNLG is going a bit better. I have people commenting on their ratings. Like I said before, I don’t have a problem with a low rating. I have a problem with someone trashing it and not saying why. I guess I just need that form of justification.

Got some great news today in gameland. Evan snagged a copy of FFXI! The old gamers are together again! He picked a Tarutaru as he is all about the magics and shtuff. I so happy.

This is what you get when Anime goes Live-action.

No comments: