Friday, July 02, 2004

Bad Day…

And, it has begun.

The DSNLG I initiated with scoab is titled “As Seen On TV”. I am the initiator, so I was charged with doing the first image for which scoab will respond to. I pondered over this one for a good while. I think I initiated it sometime last week. Anyway, the idea I had with this was to take a look (and maybe even poke a little fun) at all the infomercials that proliferate the airways. When I thought of the idea, at first, I couldn’t help but wonder how people got their “New Product” info back in the old days. And how everything back then was all “Better Living Through More Stuff”. Then I got to thinking, “what is the one thing that is common on every infomercial today?” FREE! Everything comes with something for free. “You get -ALL- this, -AND- this FREE toaster!” Hell, even regular commercials are toting something for free on their products. In the other sense of the word. Caffeine Free, and the like. But, infomercials, free free free — for -only- x easy installments of $xx.99! Yes, there is also a formula for price. Never, never, never use a round number. For the love of profit margins, drop that penny off. You’ll get ’em every time.

Ok, whenever I decide to make a post for a day, I start contemplating at the beginning of the day and add to a text file as I generate thoughts. By the end of the day, I post everything I wrote down. This is why titles, for me, are hard to generate. Some of my posts can be all over the place. The reason I am stating this is due to the fact that, so far, my image for that DSNLG has received some votes (two of them, I believe). Out of 4, it is rated 1.5 (that is bad - lowest is a 1). Now, design is a fickle mistress. I expect a few (perhaps even a lot) of low scores. I have joined a community that thrives, nay, was built for the purpose of communication and conversation. Constructive criticism is expected from these guys. What I don’t expect is silence. Voting low for an image on this site -demands- some form of reason why. Simply voting and keeping your mouth shut is at once cowardly and just plain bullshit. If you don’t like my image, whether for conceptual or execution reasons, tell me — with words. Don’t hide behind your anonymous mouse click and a number.

Have a happy fourth and try not to blow your face off.

No comments: