Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Titles Are Hard To Generate…

So it’s been awhile. Sorry ’bout that.

Like I stated in a previous post, I am trying to make sure my posts are meaningful and justified in their purpose. Although, I might point out that, while telling your friends to love their pets is apparently all the rage, fresh posts (content wise) is always the better path. And lately, I have had nothing too terribly exciting to talk about. Except, of course, now, I guess.

Yesterday, I met with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to hop on board making some print collateral (poster, postcard) for a sponsored event. I am actually really excited about this. Not just because I can sport more pro-bono in the ’ol portfolio, but also because I dated a girl who lost her battle with CF (way back when and far to soon) and I have a friend who currently lives with CF. I am contributing to a cause that I have some familiarity with and it’s nice to feel like a human being. So this is good work that I am happy to be a part of.

I don’t watch TV nearly as much as I used to (thank God), but when I do, commercials are an inevitable part of it. Especially since I don’t get anything other than the basic channels. Well, BBDO shines like the ad agency gods they are with their new series of Mountain Dew spots. You can go here to see them if your rock is being renovated. I can say that, because I don’t watch TV that often (if at all) and even -I- have seen these commercials. Giving credit where it’s due, MethodStudios has some great special effects guys and outstanding resources for pulling these thoughts together. I like the Crystal Method and it turns out they did the video for "Born Too Slow". You can also check that out on Method’s site.

I might have just gotten some new drive to do SPeCks. Recently, I stumbled upon Mac Hall, yet another online comic. Sorry to do this to ya, MegaTokyo, but they are now my #1 online comic. Not that I have lost interest in MT, but MH is a bit more comical and the FFXI related pages (1 2 3 4) just choke me with laughter. Man so funny. And so true… What gets me is the amount of attention online comic artists/creators get these days. Not to mention all the conventions they get to go to for one reason or another. Basically, what I’m trying to say is, though SPeCks isn’t nearly as funny, I feel like it is certainly more so than, say, PennyArcade (find your own way to that particular “comic”). But the only way I can even get to that level, I need to do more issues/pages/whatever of it. So here’s to trying to get back on that wagon.

Finally, I have posted another one-off on DSNLG, viewable in my profile. I have also finally initiated an actual ’logue with another member. I have to make the first image, but I am so gonna take my time with it. Check back for more on that as it develops.

Nothing really exciting happening in the rest of the world. No crazy links. No news at 11.

No comments: