Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Long Time…

I am still looking at getting a new host for the site/blog. More news as that develops… which seems to be on hold right now, actually.

Speaking of things “new” related to websites — the folks at the Design Eye corner did a really bang up job for Dirk Knemeyer’s website (as seen at SXSW). Whether Mr. Knemeyer will actually adopt the new design is anyone’s guess, but I think it is spot on and he would be well served to implement it. I think what is most beneficial from the redesign, is the chance to look at how it came about. These aren't just good tips, they are great principles to consider when designing a website. Perhaps I should redesign my site, yet again. Who knows.

SPeCks has 3 pages “scripted”, though only two are penciled and none are actually built. I am thinking I will finish the scripting for the rest of Issue 3 before physically creating the pages. I have also got some great feedback on the FFXI mini-cartoon. So keep an eye out for the possibility of more of those. They will replace the existing cartoon in the Lab as they update. Not sure how I will archive those. Anyone got any ideas for what I should call this series? Post them in the Comments, please.

Ultimately, I have a lot of irons in the fire and I need to start managing them. Obviously, the one labeled “Web/Art Manager” is taking the highest priority, but I am working on keeping work at work, thereby allowing me to do more of this hobby stuff.







Until then, that’s a screen test of the Valkurm Dunes (sans palm tree).

No comments: