Monday, March 07, 2005

Preposterous Patent Prosecution

So Advanced Audio Devices LLC is suing Apple Computer because the iPod infringes on their copyright, granted in July of 2003. Despite the fact that the iPod was released for mass consumption in 2002(?), AAD considers Patent No. 6,587,403 (Music jukebox) as being infringed by Apple. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like Peter J. Keller was working for AAD when he submitted this patent. Wouldn’t that mean AAD could be sued for a similar patent? Can you patent a square? I stumbled on this news item on a Spymac thread. Good stuff.

This last weekend was fantastic. Had some friends over and got to play “pseudo-daddy” with their kiddos. I am ever so ready. I almost can't wait the 97 days, but I will. The next step is to get that darn room ready for our bundle of joy. Painting (possible illustration/mural), moving furniture, adding furniture, etc. I like frogs. Dragonflies and ladybugs are likely to make an appearance. I smell the sweet scent of grass at the edge of a pond… Throughout the whole weekend, one thing made it the best. My wife singing “Ice Cream” to me on the couch.

Weebl and Bob are starting to lose it. But it’s still good… right?

3 comments:

Missy said...

Yes, I think that we are ready. Seeing you hold Abby and play with Eva was wonderful. This is going to be a wonderful, scary, crazy rollercoaster. I can't wait. And don't forget about the sky for the room, I want stars and moons.

I can't believe that is your favorite part of the weekend. You are such a romantic. I am so lucky to have you.

I adore you Sweetie.

Missy said...

Oh and that Weebl and Bob is the most disturbing yet. You can be such a strange one.

Hildie said...

More good newsYou are infringing on my patent pending blogging-internet-mass-thought-communications-device. I would like tamashii, Inc. to pay a fair fee of 12% or face further litigation.


-budi