Wednesday, November 17, 2004

When Good Shows Go Bad

I don't watch a lot of TV. At least, I try not to. Now, I feel I have more reason not to watch television — aside from the fact that the majority of TV is just mindless fodder anyway.

One show that my wife just loves is "Gilmore Girls", on the WB and we try to catch it every week. It is a pretty witty and stimulating show and the girls have their fair share of drama and what-not. Well, on the episode last night it was made clear that they (whether “they” being the writers, producers or actors themselves) are not in support of the President. How do I know? Well, they promoted MoveOn.org by way of Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore) saying to her mother, “Yes. Move on. Moveon.org” (which was a response to her mother getting back into the dating scene).

Shame on you, "Gilmore Girls". Keep your political agendas, regardless of whom they represent, out of your show. It just has no place there. Whether for or against the President, I don’t want to hear it, specifically if it is done in a sneaky and "out-the-side-of-the-mouth" fashion.