Monday, June 14, 2004

Magical PP Conference Calls

There might be speculation that, with my most recent posts, I might not be all that hip to my current job. That couldn't be further from the truth. My recent posts have nothing to do with my job, with the exception of the PowerPoint graphics I have worked on in the past couple days. The posts are a reflection of how I view myself as a designer in the design community. Every company (advertising, design, in-house) I have worked for has, at one time or another, requested PP graphics from me. It is some accursed side-effect related to the administrative/business half of companies. Designers, in general, do not like messing with PP. I mean, look at the abbrev. for Heaven’s sake.

With that said, I love my job and am having a great time here. Doing graphics for PowerPoint isn't my Crown Royal, but it doesn't mean I dislike my job.

Onto other issues: If I had known about this magic socket, my childhood would have turned out far, far different. A little bit of Engrish going on in some parts, but an interesting, if not disturbing, read.

In my spare time, I play FFXI, the online foray from SquareEnix on the PlayStation2. There are these things, much like glorified cell phones, known as Linkshells. They basically allow a group of people to communicate to each other, wherever they are in the game, similar to conference calling. About a week ago, I got into a Linkshell called TheYakuza. I have friends in it and after my other LS died, I thought that would be a good place to go. And they seemed cool. Well, last night, I got booted from the shell. My pearl (or "cell phone") was destroyed by one of the members that had that authority. Details can be found on the June 13th post, under Comments at the Yakuza site.

I am working on that one-off for Designologue. It is a debate to do the Standards theme or the Portrait theme. Both have some ideas tumbling in my skull and both are having a good Wrestle Mania over it. The popcorn is stale though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The magic socket is the MOST disturbing thing I've EVER read! *shudders!*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
terry said...

a two-fer, eh?

Watch the spam folks. But, yeah… disturbing.