Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The Pain Is Minimal

Well, it is done. The first one-off is away.

I gotta say, I am surprised I actually went with Labor for my first one. The idea sorta just popped into my head as to what Labor actually means to me right now. Since I graduated from college I have been employed by four companies as a designer (of sorts). My last year in college, I interned at two. I graduated in December of ’98, so that means I have worked in 6 design related positions. In 6 years. My résumé sux0rs, hehe.

So anyway, you can check it out from my profile page on DSNLG. Be gentle.

I just ran across this great pianist, Yuko Ohigashi. She composed this one song that, along with a music box, is just beautiful in its haunting melody. I think she is like 13. Anyway, I go to iTunes to download this song. Mystery. I was looking forward to listening to all 5 minutes of it. Unfortunately, 2:29 into the song, it just stops. There is silence for like a minute and a half and then at 3:59 it starts up with all this digital noise. Scratches, skips, strange digital feedback stuff. This is a piano piece, with a music box. This isn’t some experimental digital foray from an analog composer. So the MP3 is obviously hacked up or something. Emailed iTunes Support. The waiting begins.

Speaking of music, some of you may have clicky’d on over to see what I am listening too from the link on the right. Some of you may have noticed that it says I’m not listening to anything at all. Well, that isn't true. I have been listening to streaming feeds from GrooveRadio. This “station” is not available through iTunes’ current Radio library so the stream does not get updated with titles and other info which would then be posted by AudioScrobbler. Of course, I am not sure AS can update my record from a streaming feed anyway. I find I am on this station a lot during the day. They even play a couple spins by DJ Benny Benassi. I love that guy!

If you want to hear an even more haunting version of Mystery, go to 247 MediaStudios. I believe they edited/remixed it a bit with emphasis on the music box, but it will get you hooked all the same.

Damnit!!! I just gave myself a Jolly-Rancher® style paper cut on my tongue!!!

No comments: