Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy Anniversary

January 3rd marked the 7th year anniversary for me and my wife. 2004 had its ups and downs, but we made it through another year and I couldn’t be more happy and thankful. We both got great jobs. We both dove into starting a family. We both will grow stronger with each passing year.

Copper and wool are the traditional gifts for the seventh year. Roses made of wool resting in a copper bowl was my gift to her, littered with slips of paper with the reasons I love her. I will add to the bowl a new thoughts as they comes to me.

She gave me a multi-pointed star that is copper in color and gorgeous. It holds a candle and is thus illuminated from within. Also a picture gallery for displaying up to four photos. I have it in my office now. She wrote new vows for me. I will read them every day.

I love you, Melissa.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yes, we made it another year. I cannot even describe how happy I am with you. I love you, adore you, and need you in my life. Thank you for a wonderful vacation week followed with an equally amazing anniversary. It makes me so happy that we keep to our traditions with our anniversaries. The same as in 1998, except with more love and respect for each other.

Always
Missy