Monday, January 24, 2005

Another Mouse In The House!

So the big level 2 sonogram was today. You know, the one that they can check the gender of your baby with… Ya, that one. Anywho… we are about 90% sure it is a little girl. YAY! I am in big trouble. No doubt about it, this girl will have anything she wants, whenever she wants it. Bankruptcy will be my new best friend.

Aside from having a gleefully giddy girl (which I am actually quite ecstatic about), we are having an incredibly healthy baby so far. The spine is just amazing. It is crazy how much focus I have on a 10" long portion of baby. I suppose I was most nervous about this particular part because it is one of the first pieces that develops in the beginning. And it just looks marvelous. Like a perfect zipper on a pair of comfortable Levi’s. The first picture we got of our beautiful baby girl was of, wait for it, her foot. It was crazy. Big ’ol left foot slapped up on the plasma screen. She is gonna be a star and she knows it’s your feet (and hands) that gets immortalized. Getting started on the footprints early, then.

My wife and I were very pleased to know that our baby is very healthy. That is all we wanted really. Boy, Girl, it didn’t really matter, just as long as there wasn’t anything crazy. I am happy to report that we are that fortunate. I would like to express how happy and emotional we are about this, but the internet is a poor excuse for a narrator.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Seeing her on the plasma screen made it very real. You are going to be a wonderful father. She is very lucky to have you. I can't wait to meet her in June. Of course calling her by her name is just crazy. I only hope we can keep the name a secret for another 20 weeks.

I love you so much. Thank you for this gift.

Missy

DaisyMouse Blog

Anonymous said...

This is the luckiest baby in the world and you and Missy are going to be fantastic parents. Whether it is a boy or a girl it will be loved and cared for. And you are so lucky to have a great mother-in-law around to help you out whenever you need it. Not everyone is that lucky. Being anonymous helps me to see things clearer. By the way, if I were you, I would never keep anything from such a fine woman. Especially the name of her grandchild. Of course that is just a suggestion from an anonymous bystander.

Love,
Anonymous

terry said...

varan.gfnet.com (207.140.67.7)

Not so anonymous now, eh, Gloria? Boo-ya, Granny! Boo-ya!

;)

-t

Anonymous said...

It will definitely be fun to watch you melt every time those "Baby Blues" land on you! Better start saving a few more pennies besides those in the diaper fund!