Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Oh, Baby!

Expect the time between my posts to start to stretch out as the holidays approach and my baby continues to dominate my life. It is very odd how this child already has me wrapped around its little nub of a finger before it is even born. Lucky little…

Anyway, Friday was our second appointment with the OB/GYN. Our regular doctor was out (well, not really, but he was otherwise detained), so we had a Nurse Practitioner doing all the honors. Nowadays, sonograms come with the check-up. I imagine this is relatively new as many of the parents we know did not have sonograms with every check-up. So our tape was added onto. And boy was it this time. Our child was lying on his/her side with their back facing us. What a beautiful spine. I have never seen a straighter set of prepubescent vertebrae. As if seeing our sleeping child’s perfect posture wasn’t good enough, the little bugger jumped. I mean it did this little hop, jump thing that was just amazing. I was completely blown away. Of course, it is still too small for my wife to feel it, but boy-howdy it was an awesome little jump. Who knew there was enough room in there for basic gymnastics.

Sadly, our video tape holding this miracle for posterity was the victim of attempted murder by my VCR. I don't think we had a chance to rewind the tape before the incident, so that could be something going in our favor. There is about a 4-5 inch portion of tape chewed up pretty bad. We took it to a studio on Saturday in hopes to recover what was on the tape onto DVD. Having it in a digital format makes me feel safer anyway. Needless to say, the instant I realized the VCR was trying to destroy the tape, I destroyed the VCR. Those things are surprisingly empty for how big they are. Also, we did not receive a printed version of the sonogram, so I will have to wait for the digital version before I can formulate a plan for making a pic for all to see here.

Oh, and neotamashii will no longer be posting to ffxi.allakhazam.com — it turned out to be a intellectually vacuous forum. Basically, if you posted something worth two spits, it got rated down so no one could view it. However, posting something completely irrelevant and meaningless would turn the member into a god. So, just for my own mini Google-bomb edification, Allakhazam.com is the sux0rs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I had a sonogram with every visit. If you're thinking "relatively new" includes at least ten years...then yea...sonograms with every appointment is still a relatively new thing. :D
Oh and I now know your position regarding capital punishment! ;)

NJT

Missy said...

The comparison is to an expecting web board of which I belong. Some women are only receiving one - and for some that one is too early to tell the sex. Others are only receiving two. We are very lucky. We will receive two full sonograms (week 20 and 36) and the small ones with each visit.

Tamashii's Baby's Mama

Anonymous said...

HA, you sound excited tam. So much is different now than it was before, guess that can be expected I suppose, haha and I think I would be too. Tam a daddy...lol, to many friends having babies lately. Best friend in rl just had a baby girl..cant wait to scare her dates. Anywho, I better go back to work O.o o.O
Write me you bum.

Lith