Thursday, December 16, 2004

Feeling Silly



Yesterday, I completed this little animated mini-comic based on FFXI. The art (the desert and the sprites) was inspired/duplicated from Kaahi’s avatar, of which I have seen several variations on, so I am not sure who the original creator of the avatars is.

I have always liked traditional animation and used to make a ton of animated web banners. This kinda brings me back to all of it and it is real fun to do. Having to illustrate the Goblin was the toughest part, but I think I did a pretty good job on him. Ultimately, you might have to be a player of FFXI Online to even get some of the toon. But it still looks neat, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL i liked the desert, cept for the ghouls, i died so many times to those damn ghouls. But i did hate that damn island you have to go to after your done with the desert. So many stupid players there for some reason. I cant remember any of the names, i only made it to 30 and did pal quest, stopd playing right after that lol

terry said...

As you should be, Kaahi. The desert is really quite well done.

In my latest post showcasing a screen test, I tried to keep as much of the "look" as you had for it. Hopefully, I was successful.

Thanks for the inspiration!