Friday, October 01, 2004

6 Months

A really nice site that I thought was clean and rather impressive looking was LiveStrong.org. It is the online presence of Live Strong, an educational program of the Lance Armstrong Foundation. It uses nice color and has a clean layout. I could go there with no problems what-so-ever.

Now, however, it seems they have modified the site in some manner. I use FireFox 0.9.1 and never had a problem with the site before but now the site apparently no longer supports my browser. I get a redirect page that tells me to upgrade my browser to IE 5+ (how is -that- an upgrade?!) or to Netscape 7.1 — of which I will do neither. Moreover, even if I did sacrifice the quality of the browser to view the site, I still can’t because they say the site no longer works for Macintosh users. WTF?!?!?! What moron recoded the site and thought that was a good idea? Why would you change something that was clearly working before?

Last night, we went to Austin Park & Pizza for my niece's 8th birthday. She is becoming her own little person and it is rather weird. Anyway, one thing they have there is LaserTag. You wear a vest that people shoot at and you get points for "killing" them. So, we start out and I am doing really well. I was managing to "kill" off people before they could "kill" me. It was neat, until I decided to be kewl to my niece and have her shoot me. I didn't "die". Ooookay… My mother was there playing as well and she was getting frustrated because I wasn’t dying as she shot me in the back — that’s humorous just by itself. So, I start asking everyone to shoot me. I won’t die. I was INVINCIBLE!!! I walk to the front and, along with my sister, explain to the attendant that it seems I am immune to laser attack. The employee shrugs and says, "Ya, looks like it." I start giggling with glee and begin my rampage of laser carnage!!! Once everyone realized I was unable to be "harmed" they started having fun by just trying to avoid me.

AP&P also has video games. One such game that my wife and I really enjoy is beatmania. It is a DJ style game similar in play to DanceDanceRevolution except with piano keys and a turntable. So it is all finger work and the wifey is pretty good at it. Now all I gotta do is scrounge up 1300 dollars!

Oh, and by the way, I have been at my current job for 6 months now (unofficially). Yay me for not getting fired!

No comments: