Sunday, February 13, 2005

Kickin' Back

No design related post for today (the weekends usually will be short on this topic).

My brother-in-law was in ICU for over a week due to respiratory problems related to sleep apnea. He gets out today to be placed in a regular room. As he was in ICU, we would visit his room to give him confidence and let him know we were there for him. He is going to be a great uncle and is very excited about my wife's pregnancy so we talked about it a good deal. I have also been holding my wife’s belly in hopes to feel something, anything of the baby.

Yesterday, I felt three little kicks that happened like a 3-burst round from a semi-auto. Quick and light. My eyes must have grown to the size of grapefruits because my wife knew immediately that I felt them. She confirmed that they were kicks and I was as giddy as a school girl. I kept holding her belly in the ICU room in hopes to feel more and every nurse coming in would make comments of congratulations and the like. My brother-in-law and mother-in-law could tell I felt them too and were very happy to have it happen at the time it did.

With my luck, I got to feel the first kicks (outside of my wife, of course) but I will likely miss the first steps. I need to get a good digital camcorder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you know Little T can kick, I can't wait for the day when you're cuddled up with your back against that tummy and get a good shot right in the kidneys!! It's an experience, for both of you. And right after make sure you listen real close and you'll probably hear the snickers.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you were able to feel her. It is so amazing. Our miracle. Our family. I can't wait. Less than 4 months remain.

Hildie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hildie said...

Mr. Tolleson, allow me to interrupt this little party. You need a camcorder, I have a recommendation. You need a miniDV camcorder.

miniDV CamcorderGet camcorder, film little tyke, edit with iMovie, publish on blog, everybody coos.